Wednesday, July 8, 2009

This and That

For the last few days I really have not done any machine sewing.  I have worked on my EPP hexagons and my cross stitch but I have not been in the mood to “sew” sew.

When I get into these moods I like to just work in my sewing room: cleaning of tabletops, putting fabric away and reorganizing overflowing areas.  Here is a little show and tell:

DSC00886

This is my scrap basket.  Anything too small or odd shaped to fold gets thrown in on the basket.  I think it is time to sort through and get it somewhat under control.  I may cut it into 2 1/2” strips and 5” squares to start.  I guess I have a topic for my “What I Did On My Summer Vacation” theme.

About a month ago, I ordered some linen from Japan though Etsy:

DSC00888

I really love it.  The solid I bought in NY last year.  I think I am going to make some fabric boxes for my sewing room.  I wish I could find some nice linen locally.

Yesterday, I went to my LQS to match a fabric for my hexies.  I found exactly what I wanted!!  I was so excited, I bought this:

DSC00890

Right now I am planning a log cabin and using this fabric for the dark and some of my off white fabrics for the lights.

Last year I re-organized my sewing room and I am happy to say that I have been keeping it up.  I have added new fabrics and I am really running out of room but so far it is still working:

DSC00895

DSC00891

But here is the scary part.  Most of my fabric is wrapped onto comic book cards so that they stack nicely and are easy to pull out of stash.  I have gone through 400 so far and as you can see, not all my fabric is wrapped.  That means I have more that 400 pieces of fabric!!

Technorati Tags:

 

2 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

I love the fabric for your hexies. How do you wrap your fabric around the comic book cards?

Khris said...

This is awesome...so orgnanised....very impressive Diane...hugs Khris