Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New Purse and Shoes

Some of you may remember that my oldest daughter, Adrienne is getting married at the end of August.  Katie and I have been shopping a few times to find me a dress.  I had bought an outfit for Katie’s wedding that I never wore.  I had thought about wearing that but it needed some alterations.

Well, Friday I went out by myself determined to buy a dress and I did! I won’t post a picture yet but the dress is blue with a glittery, silver and blue jacket.  I bought this purse to match:

DSC00885

I then started looking for shoes.  I have big feet (size 9.5) AND bunions so I thought this might take a while.  As a lark I went on Zappos.com to look at their shoes.  Besides having lots and lots of shoes, they offer free, fast shipping (both ways).  And surprise! I found a pair that I like.  I ordered them Friday night and they got here yesterday (Monday):

DSC00878

I love them! I know the shiny part looks gold but it really is silver.  And they are pretty comfortable.  I had to order a size 10 (reviews said that they run a half size small) and they have a 2” (!) heel but I wore them yesterday for about an hour and my feet didn’t hurt.  I plan to wear them daily until the wedding.

So if you have some time, check out Zappos.  I have bought shoes from them a couple of times and have not been disappointed. (BTW, I am not affiliated with them-I just like shoes!)

Technorati Tags:

0 comments: