Thursday, July 16, 2009

Date Night

Some of you may have noticed the Harry Potter counter on the side of my blog. I am a HUGE fan of the books. I have read all the books and listen to the books on CD frequently. (If you like Harry Potter you owe it to yourself to listen to at one of the books. Jim Dale does a phenomenal job of reading them!) I am now looking for and reading critical essays on the stories as well.

Yesterday, my husband and I went out to dinner and then went to see the latest installment, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". As a fan, I would not mind if the movie was 4 hours long; this movie packed lots into its 2 1/2 hours. Over all, I think the movie was well done. The producers,etc. took a lot of liberties with the story and in doing so some of the scenes were heavy handed in their exposition. A couple of scenes were fabricated just for the movie, while, in my opinion, some important scenes were left out. That being said, I will watch it again and will put the movie on my Christmas List! (My family hates it when the ABC Family channel runs its Harry Potter weekends-I watch it every time!)

0 comments: