Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thank You, Elvie!

About 2 months ago I attempted a toe up sock:

After casting off, I found that the rib was very tight.

DSC03544

So I started another sock and tried a different bind off:

DSC03545

This one was a little loose. Sad smile

Then I forgot how to do my toe up cast on.  I tried several times but it just wasn’t coming out correctly.

Then our knitting guru returned to the shop. Elvie said that as long as I was making one sock, I might as well make two.  She showed me how to cast on and set up for doing 2 socks at a time.  Yay! Smile

DSC03547

Elvie also suggested that I do a regular bind off but use a much larger needle.  Since the socks are only for me and I still consider myself a novice (excuses, excuses) I am not super concerned about the socks being exactly alike.  And I am sure that I will be doing a lot of explaining about why I am knitting two different socks at the same time!

P.S. Thank you Khris for my beautiful table topper! It has been out since January!

sig2

1 comments:

Khris said...

Hey I love the socks but have to say that table topper is pretty damn cute too...lol
Hugs Khris