Monday, March 18, 2013


It occurred to me the other day that I had done no quilting on my frame since August! So I pulled out an old project, cleaned and oiled my machine and got ready to do some quilting.

I wasn’t sure what color thread I wanted to use so I wound a small bobbin and did some practice on scraps from the quilt.  The color and tension looked good so I wound some more bobbins, rethreaded everything and went to work.DSC03565

(The blue tape is for me to know how far I can quilt-sometimes I forget or mis-gauge)

I did one row and rolled the quilt and this is what I saw:


I think that I put my bobbin in incorrectly(I was having a little trouble) resulting in this mess on the back. Grrr!!

It could have been worse: those stitched will be easy (relatively speaking) to pull out.

I always suggest that you fix mistakes before stopping for the day but I just didn’t have it in me. So now I know what I will be doing tomorrow!