Saturday, March 23, 2013

Off the Frame…

DSC03569

…and on the frame!

DSC03570

I made this quilt a couple of years ago (yeah, yeah, old story!). I have decided to play a little and use different thread colors and quilting motifs.

DSC03571

Buddy enjoys consulting with me on the quilting.  His input is very important!

Below is a quilt I am making with my beginning quilting class.  It is a little retro but it teaches a lot of piecing fundamentals.  I think I will be quilting it on my Bernina and the walking foot. 

DSC03572

It is a little more red than I had planned but I really do like the simplicity. There is no big print to “pop” but oh well…

Diane

P.S. Don’t you love this font? It reminds me of my days in 3rd grade, teaching cursive!

2 comments:

Khris said...

I love your jars Diane...cant wait to see it all finished...hugs Khris

HummingBirdQuilter said...

Beautiful quilts Diane. Hope you can make it to the meetings again soon -- and bring some of these beauties with you