Wednesday, June 1, 2011

On the Frame

I put this quilt on my frame the other day.DSC02208

DSC02208

I loved the fabric when I bought it.  The background fabric is actually white with mini dots of the same colors in the blocks.

I liked the pattern, too.  It went together very quickly.  It is also big; it fits well on a queen sized bed.

But now I really don’t like the quilt.  I put the piping border on incorrectly (long, boring story) so it is uneven in spots.  I made the borders 10” wide to accommodate the blocks I put in the corners, so I can’t use the quilting pattern I wanted to use won’t work (I only have a 7 1/2” throat on my sewing machine).

So I am going to try to make the best of it.  I am going to try using a pantograph to quilt this quilt.  I have not used pantographs yet; I mostly meander or quilt through tissue paper patterns.  I am a little nervous but I really want to learn to quilt from the “back of my machine” (i.e., using more all over pantographs.

I will keep you posted on my progress!

0 comments: