So I have my quilt on my frame. I had originally planned to do a tight stipple on the applique vine blocks and a feather of some type on the stacked coins part. But then I got nervous and decided to try doing a leafy vine treatment on each row/column of the quilt.
Of course I did two rows before I decided I didn’t like it. Also, the pattern width is the exact with of the opening of the throat on my sewing machine so it has to be lined up exactly AND as I roll the quilt, I will start to lose throat space.
So I decided to do what the quilt wanted in the first place: a stipple outline on the applique row and some sort of feather on the stacked coins part. I got this far this morning:
The quilting really pops out the vine which is what I wanted. I am still nervous about doing the stacked coins part. Following a pattern is difficult and I don’t want to screw it up. But this quilt deserves more than just meandering. And I really need to learn to do more. Decisions, decisions!
P.P.S. Check out my daughter Adrienne!