Monday, October 13, 2008

Surprise in the Mail

This past weekend, I was at my quilt retreat at Watson Homestead in Painted Post, NY (about 2 hrs. southwest of here). When I talked to my husband that evening, he said I had gotten a HUGE package from Australia! Well, I just thought about that package all weekend and when I got home yesterday, he was NOT kidding! Oh I wish my pictures could do these goodies justice. As you may remember, I joined Helen's Stitcher's Angel Swap and if you look carefully at the first picture you will see that Lyn from Bluebird Quilts, who sent me all these beautiful things also made little tags with the swap tag. How clever is that!

It is blurry but it is still so cute! Look at all the wonderful things she sent me:
I have always planned to make an armchair caddy, but look, now I have one. My gifts are in my favorite fall colors and her hand work is just impeccable. I just want to keep saying, "Look! LOOK!"

Above is a close up of a lovely little bouquet of charm squares (I know, blurry..) and below is a shot of all my beautiful gifts:
The bag is a perfect size for carrying little projects and I have plenty of those! And look below at the pin cushion: there is a pocket for the scissors- I have never seen this style before-they are so neat!

Look at my little angel: When my daughter saw it she asked if I had said I collect angels. I didn't mention it but this one will look perfect on my shelf!

Look at the little star candles-they are silver!, the little soap, a matching pin, and even angel notes!

Lyn, everything is just wonderful; I can't find the words to tell you how much I appreciate the time you put into crearing all these little gems. Thank you so much! I love it all!

Stepping off my cloud....
Next post will include pictures and more about my fantastic weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Diane, I have been so worried, you would not be happy with what I had made.I was unsure of the colour.I looked at your favourite quilt and chose the colours from it.Also, I had green and yellow to add, but, I find it so hard to use those two colours.Finally, I settled on the purple, orange and cream. I had a lot of fun putting it together for you and will check your blog from time to time. Happy Fall, Best Regards Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hello Diane,
sono Angela, (Italy)la tua abbinata!!!
Ho ricevuto il tuo pacco!!!!!!!
Thanks, thanks, thanks.....
arrival your package!!!!! marvelous all!!!!!!!
How to thank you??
Kisses

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

What lovely gifts you received from Lyn. :)Andrea

Margaret said...

Just popped by to see, the gifts from Bluebird, she is very talented and your gifts are lovely I bet you will cherish them and no not too many photos of the grandchildren, they are what makes us happy,.