Saturday, October 4, 2008

Keeping Busy

Well! I have been so very happy sewing in my nice, clean, and organized room that I have been ignoring my blog. I have completed quite a few projects: Mimi's fall quilt is in the mail. When she sends a picture I will post that. I made two quilts from a quilt kit I bought at Cottonseed Glory in Annapolis, MD. They are packed and ready for my quilt retreat planned for next Thursday. I joined the Angel Swap organized by Helen at Hugs and Kisses and completed a few treats for my partner. They are on their merry way to.....? That has to be a surprise. And I made a wall hanging to bring as a gift to the retreat. Whew!

I am very excited about the retreat: it will be my first. The teacher in me has taken over. We were always taught to overplan so that is exactly what I did. I have packed 5 projects to work on and I will only be gone 4 days! I guess I won't get bored! The retreat is a collaboration of 2 local

quilt guilds. It is held about 2 hours from here. From what I hear, there are plenty of snacks, all night sewing marathons, great ideas, a mystery quilt and even an indoor pool. I promise to take plenty of pictures.

And speaking of pictures: you know what is coming! Enjoy!




0 comments: