Monday, March 16, 2009

Shopping: Part 2

OK. Recently I went to New York City so of course I had to visit The City Quilter. It is a quilting gem in Midtown! Every time I go I find lots of new fabrics, books and other goodies. My love of Japanese quilt books began here.

Here are a few of the items that had to come home with me. I actually bought a few more things but they have been made into gifts for friends and family.

Don't these treats look delicious?



They are made from felt!! The pictures from this book are beautiful-and mouth watering!


These are photo transfers made from old postcards of NYC. Each is about 4" x 6".

The City Quilter has a great selection of NY themed fabrics so I picked up these fat quarters. I want to make a wall hanging using the fabric and the postcards from above.


The ladies at the shop are friendly and helpful. If you go to New York, you must visit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom, I never saw that book. Hmmmm, looks yummy. Love, Katie

Anonymous said...

Oh I need to visit New York! Now, do tell...what is those photo transferring postcards? They look cool. What will you be doing with them! Did you make the pincushions from patterns out of the book? Your trip certainly reaped wonderful goodies.

Later
Peggy

Anonymous said...

I saw a gal making those "treats" at the Chicago Quilt Show...they did look good enuf to eat.