Monday, May 30, 2011

Civil War Quilt

I have a quilt on the frame.  I have a quilt that needs its outer border quilted (I am doing it on my Bernina-which is in the shop for cleaning and updates).  I have a binding to put on another quilt.  So why am I itching to start something new??

image

I bought this book a couple of years ago.  That was when I started collecting reproduction fabrics in earnest.

Barbara Brackman has started  a blog to celebrate the sesquicentennial of the Civil War. She is sharing one block each week.  You can see her blocks here.

I was going to follow along with her using her fabrics (in fact I was all ready to order them) but today I decided to use the above book and my own fabrics.  See-I can use what I already have!

I know-should I really start another project?  There are 121 blocks in the book.  I made the first two today (will post tomorrow).  I figure that I have 4 years to finish the quilt, right?

Are you starting or making a civil war quilt this year?

0 comments: