Monday, January 27, 2014

Cold!

It is cold outside! And has been for several days.  I have been very content to stay inside and knit and sew.

Mary is running a Fair Isle class at the shop and we are making these fingerless mitts.  This is my first one; I am doing the ribbing on the second one.  That white line that looks like a mistake will be cut open (steeked-eek!) for my thumb.

DSC03745

Last year I started crocheting a large granny square to make a knitting bag. I lost the directions so I fudged a lining for it.

DSC03750

I have to tack a couple more spots but I am pleased with it. I used a dark batik so I would not have to line it.  I added snaps and pockets on the inside.

DSC03749

One more set of Civil War blocks almost done! 4 are completely sewn; 4 need to be completed.  Can you see how they are different?

DSC03747

DSC03748

I thought some of you “older” sewers would appreciate this. I still have several of my mother-in-law’s sewing supplies.  While I never recommend using old thread, I used this carpet thread to attach the ling to my knitting bag.  Check out the price:

DSC03752

Do you remember when?

Diane

1 comments:

Marle said...

Hello Diane! I love yor blog. This huge granny square is very funny! I haven´t herad that anyone have done a bag of one granny square.