Monday, December 5, 2011

The Latest from Japan

As many of you know, I have a love affair going with Japanese books and fabric. 

This is my latest book:

DSC02938

Not much from the cover, but look inside….

DSC02939

It is a book on reversible quilted projects.  Of course they are all completed by hand although I suppose that it could be adapted to machine sewing.  Here is my first project:

DSC02934

DSC02935

It is (to me, at least) the cutest little pouch made from just 3 hexagons! I just love it! It took me an evening to HAND SEW it all together.  The folding took me longer-the first hexie took 45 minutes but then it got much easier.

This is the next project I want to make:

DSC02940

The purse is on the left.  The two bigger pictures show the piece before sewing it into shape.

The book also shows cathedral window shapes-but oh, the twist that has been put on them!  I will post more on that later…

0 comments: