Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Kindness Of Quilters

This is a post that is long overdue.  I had a very favorite pattern that that I used to make –by hand- when I first started quilting way back in the late 80’s. I usually made it as a pillow to give to very special people.  The pattern was designed by Linda Brannock.

DSC02860

I went to find it a while back and it was gone.  I searched for it frantically.  I did several web searches and I even found a kit on e-bay but I did not win.

So I did another search and learned who had made the pattern and I found her website.  I sent her a note asking if the pattern was still available.

I got a lovely note from her daughter.  Karmen said she was going to visit  her mom and she would check out the pattern.  After several searches, Karmen found ONE copy of the pattern and sent it along to me.

Please visit Karmen at her website A Quilter Awakens.  She does beautiful work.  Thank you Karmen for being such a nice person!

0 comments: