Saturday, July 23, 2011

Catching Up…With a Mocha Latte

This will be one post with several items.  I hope that you will find something that you will enjoy!

First, our guild had our annual picnic this past week.  Since the theme was summer garden, I brought these to share:DSC02446

I baked and Katie decorated.  Delicious!

The boys were having some fun and decided to put on each other’s shirts:

DSC02443

They are showing off their muscles.  They are too goofy!

Do you remember the sashiko I was working on during the trial? (And I don’t want to talk about it!)  I finished one and started another.  The new on is white and I am using variegated thread.

DSC02448DSC02449

Michael took a picture of my latest finished top.  It is a striped fabric from Marcus-very quick to do:

DSC02447

It is a little blurry-sorry.

Finally, I have learned to make a decent mocha latte-with only 3-or less weight watchers points.

DSC02450

I make a pot of coffee-10 cups with enough coffee for 12 so it would be stronger- and I stick it in the fridge to cool it down (hot coffee never gets cold enough no matter how much ice I add).

To make the latte I fill a 16 oz. glass with ice and fill it 2/3 with coffee.  Then I add 1/2 cup skim milk, I T. chocolate syrup and sugar (or substitute) to taste.  I thought it tasted pretty yummy!  If you decide to try one, let me know how you like it.

Have a great weekend and I will see you Monday!

1 comments:

Holly Knott said...

Love the cookies!!!