Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday’s Tip September 7, 2010

Yikes! It’s Tuesday! I woke up thinking it was Friday.  Wishful thinking, I guess.

I did not get pictures yet for my original tip but here is a great tip that I read on the Keepsake Quilting website:

A quilter suggested that each time you finish a binding, save and attach the leftover to your other leftover binding strips.  Then when you finish a scrap quilt, you will have a binding ready to go-or at least started. Brilliant!  I may even start making my bindings a little longer (when I haven’t miscalculated the length) so that I can keep ahead.  Note to self: check my scrap basket for all those binding strips I have thrown in there.

Also, if you have a tip you would like to share, send it along to me.  If I post your tip, I will link back to you and send you a fat quarter (my choice) to you for your time

Hope to hear from you soon!.

1 comments:

Holly Knott said...

Hey, I love that idea as the pattern I'm currently working on might look good with a scrappy binding. Thanks for sharing!