Sunday, August 15, 2010

Look!

I am very excited!

Although I have been knitting for 50 years (my grandma taught me to knit and crochet early on) I am not a confident knitter.

Elvie, an expert knitter at the shop, picked out a pattern and directed me to this gorgeous yarn and I am working on this:

DSC01532

How does the yarn know when to change colors?????

For those of you that are not knitters, this type of knitting is called Entrelac.  It is much easier to do than to explain.  Each section is knitted separately yet everything is still on the needles together (I told you-clear as mud).  On my second start I got the rhythm and everything seemed to click.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Ooh - how lovely - I have a sister who knits and actually creates patterns, gotta send this on to her!

Anonymous said...

I've been knitting for quite some time - but never saw this technique. I'd love to learn it sometime.