Monday, June 14, 2010

So What HAVE You Been Doing, Diane?

Keeping Busy.DSC01349
This is my challenge quilt for our guild show.  The challenge was to use only squares (except for the borders) and to use the dotty fabric.  It is hard to tell from the picture but the dotty fabric is actually folded and sewn into the yellow and green 4 patches.  I learned the technique making 3 dimensional bowtie blocks.
DSC01359
This is my fat quarter quilt for June.  I still need to get it quilted.DSC01357
While in Lancaster, I picked up this kit.  It is called Spin Star.  You start with log cabin blocks.  I really like the way it turned out.
DSC01358
DSC01354   
Have you tried needle punch embroidery yet?  It is very addictive.  It is like rug hooking on a very small scale.  This little beauty is 2” x 4”.
DSC01363
I have made a few samples for the shop.  This is a table runner I am working on.
Now aren’t you glad you asked?

0 comments: