Monday, November 3, 2008

Recycling

The Sweater.....

The Purse!

This was one of my very favorite sweaters. I bought it way back in 1996 and I always enjoyed wearing it. Imagine my dismay when I pulled it out this year and there were little moth holes in it. Surprisingly, none of my other wool sweaters were affected. So I washed it a couple times in hot, hot water and dried it on high in the dryer. And I made this purse.
When I was done it looked boring so I cut a sleeve on the bias, zig-zagged the edges, and gathered it up. I attached the velvet ribbon and tacked it on the purse. I have gotten several nice comments on it so far. The hook for my keys is attached to the ribbing from the bottom of the sweater. It is on the inside; I just pulled it out to show.

Now I can wear my favorite sweater again!

2 comments:

Stephy said...

Man your talented!
Awesome!

Mom2fur said...

Oh, wow, that is adorable! You are very, very clever. I think maybe I'll never look at an old sweater in the same way again, LOL!