Saturday, August 4, 2007

Bag Lady





Lately I have been on a bag kick. It started when I went to NYC and bought a pattern and fabric for the Amy Butler Weekender Bag. Although very challenging, I really enjoyed making it and have used it quite a bit. And it really does hold enough clothes, etc., for a weekend.

Then I found a totebag pattern in my quilting magazine. I made the first one as directed although I misread (redesigned?) the directions for the handles. That is the yellow bag in the pictures. The next bag (the green and white), I tweaked the directions a little. I cut the squares a little smaller and replaced the batting in the bag with heavy weight iron-on interfacing. I also put a couple pockets on the inside. I use these bags as my summer purses.

I have pulled out the fabric for a purse from a Fon's and Porter Love of Quilting magazine from last year. I want to use that bag for a sewing bag-I will make some accessories to go with it. I will post that picture when it is finished.

2 comments:

Debi said...

What beautiful bags. The fabrics you chose really do them justice. I wish I could make such items.

Anonymous said...

mom your bags look so good! Make sure you post that people should check out repodepot.com for some materials!