Sunday, August 2, 2015

Where Do I Start?

Has it really been EIGHT MONTHS since I last blogged?  To my followers I am very sorry and I hope that you will find your way back here.

So much has happened since I last posted.  Good news is that Adrienne and Joe (and Leonard) moved up here from Baltimore. Joe retired, Adrienne got a great job at Upstate, and Leonard is all ready for kindergarten.  I love having them just a half hour away.
The not so good new is we did not have a great spring.  Michael fell walking the dog at the end of March.  He broke 5 ribs, several vertebrae (is that plural correct?) and his collar bone.  He has had a long recovery but is starting to feel like his old self again.
The summer is going by too quickly.  August already? I did not get as much done as I had planned but I have been squeezing in some knitting and sewing.
DSC04039
A baby outfit
DSC04050DSC04054
A vest for myself, front and back
DSC04059DSC04058
A knitting needle caddy
The American Quilter’s Society was in town this week.  The quilt show was beautiful. Of course I forgot my camera but I did snap some pictures of my goodies when I got home.
DSC04041
DSC04046
DSC04047
DSC04042
By the way, this little quilt finishes to 13” x 14”.  The tumblers are 1 3/4” high, unfinished
DSC04048
One of the nice things about working at the quilt shop is all the nice people I meet. Many people were in town for the show and one special person that I met was Lee Anna. She is a fellow blogger and posts at Not Afraid of Color.  Please visit her site. She has some beautiful things to show including the cutest dog!
While downloading photos off my camera, this cutie came up:
DSC04038
Aren’t grandkids wonderful?
Diane

0 comments: