Let’s just pretend that I have not updated in so long because I have been busy completing projects…Yeah- that sounds good!
I have been busy. Since May I have been working 2-3 days a week at the shop, along with lots of subbing at the Y (afterschool care). But I have been working on several projects.
I managed to make a pair of socks:
I chose not to have the stripes match. I also tried a 3 needle bind-off on the toe: evidently it looks better if you turn the socks inside out first… I still like them!
I am also half-way caught up with my Civil War blocks of the month:
Each month there are 4-8 blocks to complete. The one on the right was a bear- 96 half-square triangles in that set!
Katie put in a little garden for me for:
Dylan is riding a two-wheeler:
AND, I got a quilt back that I had hand quilted. I made this quilt top about 6 or 7 years ago. I started to hand quilt it and I immediately gave up. Then I learned about a group that hand quilted to raise money for their local library. I am more than thrilled!
I only wish that the quilting was more visible in these pictures. They all did a great job! Now to get the binding on…