Monday, May 7, 2012

I Don’t Like This Quilt

I really don’t like this quilt.

DSC03160

When I posted the last picture I thought it might look better hanging.

It doesn’t.

DSC03194

I was very excited making the quilt.  I loved the fabric.  I like the way it was coming together and when it was unquilted I liked it.  I was very happy with the way the quilting came out.

But I really really don’t like this quilt.

When talking to Joanne at the shop yesterday, I explained my dilemma. I thought maybe I might add some applique in black to the big light spots.  She suggested that I just accept the quilt the way it is and let it go. 

Sometimes we make mistakes.  BIG mistakes.  (Maybe deep down inside I am worried that all my quilts are ugly and I have lost my mojo…)

I think I will take her advice.

0 comments: