Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Need to Knit

I have a quilt on my frame to be quilted (and bound) for a friend, another quilt that needs a binding, ANOTHER small quilt to be quilted and bound to give as a gift and several small projects to finish start before Christmas and what am I doing? 

DSC01207

I decided to knit a scarf.

This is the yarn that I used:

DSC01206

I am not one that knits often but occasionally a yarn will speak to me so I will pick up just one or two skeins “for something I might want to make in the future.”  I think this one was on sale at JoAnn’s last year.  It has a wonderful feel-very soft.  I got the pattern here. The pattern called for a finer yarn but this medium weight worked out well.

This project will hold me over for a few months until I feel the “need” again.  Time to sew!

0 comments: