Thursday, August 6, 2015

On The Frame- 8/6/15

This is a quilt that Mimi made.  John will probably be coming up for the State Fair at the end of the month so I am trying to get a few quilts ready for him.  I quilted another in July; I just need to get the binding on it.  Pictures later.
Mimi and I had very different tastes (except for our Civil War repro obsession) but we always liked each other’s quilts. 
DSC04066DSC04067
Connie (at  Mission Rose) helped me pick out the fabric for the back (a nice medium pink) and the binding (medium grey).  Feminine and masculine at the same time! (Oh dear…is that sexist?)
DSC04068DSC04069
I am using the same panto I use a lot for my quilts.  It goes quickly and looks nice when finished.  Not sure if I will use grey or white thread.  I need to pick up a batt tomorrow and then Saturday I can start quilting!
DSC04070
Have a good weekend!
Diane

0 comments: