Monday, January 13, 2014

Civil War Melodies

I realized that I have not updated my Civil War Melodies quilt in a while.

It is a funny quilt. I look at the fabrics for the quilt and think that I really don’t like them and then I piece the blocks and the fabrics look nice together. I have to learn to have faith.

This was a BOM for 2013. I am now officially halfway done. Yay!

DSC03730

Last July when I was only a couple of months behind I started Block 5:

DSC03732

For some reason it really slowed me down. It was one of those fussy kind of blocks-no easy way to attack it. That stripe also made me a little crazy.  But now it is done. I completed Block 6 in an afternoon and am now on to block 7:

DSC03734DSC03735

I would have finished today but I didn’t like the way I had originally fussy cut the blue stripey material (OK- I cut it wrong…) so I need to get more.  I work tomorrow so I can grab it then and finish up on Wednesday. I peeked at Block 8-lots of half-square triangles…

I am starting the new Civil War BOM for 2014 this month so I had best keep going!

Diane

0 comments: